- Vintage Japanese Kimono
- Silk crepe in a gorgeous dramatic black with ancient Japanese garden print in soft peaches, blues, greens, pinks and purples, with gold metallic Lurex thread detailing. Features a Kamon crest (in this case a 4 petalled poppy) used in Japan to indicate one's family lineage, blood line, ancestry or status in ancient times. Kamon became the symbol of Japanese Samurai.
- Fully lined in a buttery soft crimson red silk.
- This kimono is full duster length and features a full, wrist length sleeve, and kimono sleeves that hang mid-length at 24.5" (historical note: traditionally, the length of kimono sleeves indicated whether a woman was married or not. Shorter sleeves indicated married status, and longer sleeves were reserved for unmarried women. Mid-length was universal. In modern society, those traditions are much less frequently observed.)
- Size 2XL or less
- Measurements (hanging closed): Shoulders are 27" across, chest/bust is 56" around, waist is 50" around, hip is 72" around, length from shoulder to bottom of hem is 60" long, sleeve hangs down 24.5" when arms are stretched out.
- In excellent vintage condition.
- An absolutely gorgeous, keepsake piece! It's rare to find vintage kimonos in such incredible condition. The real silk ones from days long past are very special indeed, and the epitome of luxury, sensuality and glamour! This one is a stunner! Classic and universally flattering in dramatic black with beautifully feminine florals and gold metallic vintage thread details. One to cherish for a lifetime!
Please note: All Patron of Dreams products are vintage or pre-used, so there may be minor imperfections or flaws, as is the nature of second-hand items. Any notable flaws are included in the product descriptions and photos. Please read descriptions and measurements carefully before purchasing. Patron of Dreams has a no returns policy!